Colorado Springs — Motorists will see pre-construction work on Interstate-25 (between Fillmore Street and Garden of the Gods Road). This work will require nighttime I-25 lane closures. Work will begin at 9 p.m. with closures of the inside two lanes starting from southbound I-25, then moving over to the northbound I-25.
- Two lane closure both directions of I-25
- 9 p.m., Sunday May 15 to 5 a.m., Monday May 16
- Northbound and southbound I-25 – Mile Post 144-146
- Once work is completed on Southbound I-25, crews will move to Northbound I-25
- Only one lane will remain open
- Expect delays
- All work is weather dependent and will be rescheduled if operations cannot be complete
Increased traffic from community growth and business development has created the need for the Colorado Department of Transportation to initiate design and development of I-25 Auxiliary/Continuous Merge Lanes and other operational improvements in Colorado Springs from the Fillmore Street to Garden of the Gods Road exits. Improvements are in accordance with the previously completed Environmental Assessment.
For additional information about this project:
Know Before You Go
Travelers are urged to “know before you go.” Gather information about weather forecasts and anticipated travel impacts and current road conditions prior to hitting the road. CDOT resources include:
Remember: Slow For The Cone Zone
The following tips are to help you stay safe while traveling through maintenance and construction work zones.
- Do not speed in work zones. Obey the posted speed limits.
- Stay Alert! Expect the unexpected.
- Watch for workers. Drive with caution.
- Don’t change lanes unnecessarily.
- Avoid using mobile devices such as phones while driving in work zones.
- Turn on headlights so that workers and other drivers can see you.
- Be especially alert at night while driving in work zones.
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
- Allow ample space between you and the car in front of you.
- Anticipate lane shifts and merge when directed to do so.
- Be patient!
Download the COtrip App!
The new FREE COtrip Planner mobile app was designed to meet the growing trend of information on mobile and tablet devices for the traveling public. The COtrip Planner app provides statewide, real-time traffic information, and works on mobile devices that operate on the iOS and Android platforms. Visit the Google Play Store (Android devices) or the Apple Store (iOS devices) to download!