FRAMINGHAM – The Framingham Police Department is advertising for a business manager.
The position “performs highly responsible professional work; provides financial and budget analyses for various projects. Performs responsible payroll, accounts payable, billing, monitors grants and Law Enforcement Trust Fund accounts,” according to the job posting on the City’s website on March 8.
The salary for the full-time position is $72,090.
▪ Analyzes data and assists administrators with cost analysis.
▪ Updates budget information and generates personnel action forms to process applicable step increases and stipends awarded through various employee contracts.
▪ Oversees weekly police/fire detail payrolls.
▪ Monitors department finances and expenditures.
▪ Maintains data in Smartsheet software.
▪ Assists grant coordinator in providing grant expenses.
▪ Provides quarterly budget update presentations to administration.
▪ Maintains weekly department payroll. Reconciles payroll records with department employees and the City Payroll Coordinator.
▪ Updates files for next year’s budget and updates budget into the MUNIS and OpenGov system.
▪ Processes accounts payable invoice batches for both operating and capital budget expenditures. ▪ Generates requisitions
▪ Maintain accounting of Law Enforcement Trust Funds and reviews compliance with Law Enforcement Trust Fund regulations.
▪ Maintain and generate daily deposits of revenue collected from the Police Department and other sources.
▪ Assists the Chief of Police in preparing information for the City Council, Chief Financial Officer, Mayor’s Office and Finance Subcommittee.
▪ Handles daily financial information processing and tracking.
▪ Maintains inventory records of police department equipment.
▪ Performs similar or related work as required, directed or as situation dictates.
Recommended Minimum Qualifications: Education, Training and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field preferred; three to five (3-5) years’ relevant experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Must be able to pass department background check.
Knowledge of the principles and techniques of financial analysis, and budgetary control in a municipal environment. Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures. Knowledge of office procedures, accounting, payroll, accounts payable, procurement and purchasing. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and MUNIS.
Work is performed under the direct supervision of the Executive Officer.
The employee has access to confidential information obtained during performance of regular position responsibilities in accordance with the State Public Records Law such as official personnel files, law suits, client records, and department records. Must be willing to sign confidentiality agreement.
Work is performed under typical office conditions; the noise level is moderately noisy.
The City of Framingham is committed to the ongoing pursuit of strategic diversity initiatives that help to position diversity, equity, and inclusion as central to municipality and community-wide excellence in the City of Framingham.